Tuesday, May 17, 2011

RUN RUN RUN!! We love to RUN!


There truly is something to running. Neal and I have recently gotten really into running, and we are HOOKED. Seriously. Once I get past about 3 miles, something happens (on most days, but not all), and I just feel good, amazing, like I could run forever. There is a physical change that takes place, real chemicals that are released, and I can feel it. And I like it. Makes me want to run again, and again.

Last fall, Neal and I each signed up for challenge races. Each race was in April and we both trained all winter.

Neal's race was his first Ultra - The American River 50. Not 50 Kilos folks....50 MILES! And he did it! On April 9th, Neal ran 50 Miles in 9 hours and 43 minutes, and qualified for the Western States 100. He finished in the top 25%. He was amazing. This was not just 50 miles on a road, it was mostly trails, with crazy hills and river beds he was climbing up and down. He is officially HARD CORE!! I am super proud of him! What an amazing accomplishment!
You can read more about Neal's AR50 on his blog :





2 comments:

mema said...

WOW! 50 miles is crazy, Neal! You are an amazing running machine!!
We are so so proud of YOU! Love you tons, Karen & George :)

Sarah said...

I went over to Neal's blog....very impressed with his write up of his run. I told Eric about it....when he has some time I know he will read it. Very impressed. I still think 5 miles is far....50....WOW doesn't that put you in the SUPER HERO catagory??