We said good-bye to our Lincoln family on the days leading up to June 30th, however Millie and Justin had to say their good-byes 10 days earlier, before they boarded a Southwest Airliner Jet (as Justin refers to it) on June 20th with Nana, bound for Houston to spend time with cousins before our big move. Despite the number of times I have done this, preparing for this move has been especially hard for me, and anticipating the good-byes was one of the hardest parts. In my adult life, I have never felt so at home as we have in Lincoln. We have become quite attached to our friends, neighbors and family here, and especially the convenience and frequency in which we were able to spend time with them! We will treasure the memories always and hope to return to Lincoln in a few years.
To Kari, Mark, Zach, Kali, Madelyn and Lillian: I am so glad we got to spend so many amazing years living just around the corner from you and I can't even express in words how grateful I am for all the memories we made together. I already miss you all so much! And can only pray that we have that again someday.
The weekend before Millie and Justin left, we had a block party in the cul-de-sac. On Sunday, we had dinner with the Stacys, and the Neilsens stopped by to say good-bye. On Monday, June 20th, Millie and Justin had a few moments of tender good-byes with friends that stopped by, and lastly their Stacy cousins.


Best cousins!



















3 comments:
Kristin...i got all teary eyed reading your post and seeing all the sweet pictures. Your family is so sweet and you guys will be missed (and already are)! We hope to see you back here in a few years...enjoy your new adventures!
Kristin, I know that Kari & family miss you already! I got very teary looking at the cute photos of the cousins hugging each other. I am happy that you captured those memories. A part of your heart will always be in Lincoln!
love,
MOM
ugh, my nose is all tingly and my eyes are welling...these pictures really touching...you can see the love everyone has for each other. I guess I just cannot believe that you guys are really gone. I love you Kristin, love your sweet family and am so happy that I got to be one your Cali friends. I think of you more as family though, and know that we will always be "close" through Kari. I hope that your family settles quickly in DC and that it starts to feel like home soon. We love you guys and miss you!!!
Post a Comment