Thursday, June 7, 2012

Spring Family Fun

 One of our favorite Northern Virginia things to do as a family is go to the wonderful park next to Reagan National Airport, which is also right next to the Potomac. The kids love the wide open space right next to the river where we can see kayaks, sail boats, and across the river the Washington Monument, and airplanes that fly so close over our heads we can touch them.  My favorite part of going to the park at sunset is taking my camera to catch my kids' smiling faces in the warm golden sunlight so they can remember that they love each other.  It started getting too dark, so lots of grainy shots this time, but I still love how they turned out, even when I handed my camera over to the little people.













3 comments:

Sam and Kat said...

Kristin, I think it's about time I introduced you to thepioneerwoman.com. Her blog is so awesome! Anywho, there are different sections and one of the sections is a photography section. She has these contests every so often with a theme and the prizes are good ones (she always has all sorts of giveaways in each blog section too). The theme right now is LOVE and I think you should submit a few of these. They are totally cute! oh and btw- I love the twist in your hair. so cute.

Sam and Kat said...

Oh and one more thing about the pioneer woman... her photography section has sooo many tips and tricks that seem super helpful for a learning photographer like yourself. :)

OH and one more thing! hahaha.. can't believe how big the kids are getting! they all look so grown up! goodness! Miss them! and you!

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures Kristin! You are really good at photography!!
I know I just came to see you and the kids, but some of these photos really touched my heart. Hugs from MOM