Saturday, December 29, 2012

Brownies for our Thanksgiving Feast

My brother and his wife, Tyson and Valerie (Brown) and their adorable family joined us for the week of Thanksgiving this year!  Lucky for us we live in a place that holds special meaning for them, so they loaded up the fam and drove all the way up from Biloxi, Mississippi!  Tyson met Valerie in Washington DC while he was attending Medical School here.  They were married in the Washington DC temple and were excited to come back to where it all started to share some of their special places with their 4 children!  We had such a a wonderful time while they were here!  We went hiking together, ate yummy Peruvian chicken at Edy's and enjoyed just hanging out and chatting!  The kids had a blast sledding on our hills in the leaves and playing on the tire swing together!  Our Thanksgiving Feast was scrumptious and very relaxing, as the kids were more interested in playing outside than eating so we had a few minutes of peace!  Our friends Justin and Laura Longmire and their two kiddos also joined us for Thanksgiving.

It was so great to spend some time with Tyson and Valerie, and for our kids to be able to get to know their cousins!  They were so cute and fun and they all actually go along pretty well for the most part!  Millie loved snuggling with Kendra and Natalia and said she would be so cold at night without them all around her!   Simon was stuck like glue to Nikolia's side for the first day or two, which I think Nikolai eventually got a little sick of.   Noah and Natalia had a good time together too!  Justin was happy as a clam just to have company and fun stuff planned all the time!

























I couldn't resist adding a few of my favorite pictures I took of my brother's family.  I didn't get permission, so I hope you don't mind me showing off your beautiful family on my blog!








2 comments:

Sarah said...

YOU took their christmas pictures!!! I really thought their chrismtas card was so cute....I thought Tyson had taken the pictures with his camera, and used his tripod to take the family pictures. YOU did an AWESOME job!!! I need to learn from you!!! They have such a cute family...and you captured that very well in the pictures!!! So...your talent was shown in my christmas card and Tysons...girl you got a talent!!!

Unknown said...

Amazing photos of everyone, your family and Tyson's family! I love the contrast of red and the golden leaves...perfect timing. You really captured some incredible moments in time. Loved it all!! Love and miss you :)
love, MOM