Thursday, February 7, 2013

Commitment Day 2013

New Years Day 2013:

Back in October Millie and I (and our friends Amy and Aubrey) registered for a 5K on New Years Day, called Commitment Day.  The race was organized by LifeTime Fitness, and included in the price of registration was free running training at Lifetime, twice a week.  Millie participated in the training classes once-twice a week either with me, Neal or with our friends Amy and Aubrey.  Millie has worked hard for the past few months running with Lifetime, Girls on the Run as well as swimming 2-3 evenings per week.  We were super pumped up for this big race!  The cool thing about this race is that Lifetimes all over the country were participating and everyone from coast to coast would be running at the same time.  Our time was 11am, lucky for us we live on the East Coast (the West would be starting at 8am).  We had a great time and Millie did fantastic!  She has really improved over the last few months!  We are so proud of her!





 



3 comments:

Sam and Kat said...

I meant to comment the other day.. I love that yall did this together! Way to go Millie!!! Sounds like it was a lot of fun. I think it is super cool that Lifetime put that together. Love it!

Kari said...

So Cool!! Way to go Millie!! How fun to do that together! And I love your running shirt Kristin...been looking for a long sleeve pull-over. Where'd you get it? And you look super HOT and skinny too by the way:)

Unknown said...

So Awesome for Millie & Mom to run together! We are so proud of all the hard work you did preparing for this running event! WAY to GO!!
Hugs from Mema and Grandpa :)