Day 1: Monday, we drove to Williamsburg. It took us about half as long to get there as I expected, because there was little to no traffic, which was awesome. The plan for Day 1 was to just get a sneak peek of our action packed history filled week. We decided to start with Historical Jamestown (rather than Jamestown the Colony), which is significantly cheaper and has lots of open space for the kids to run. And it was a beautiful day. The kids liked the open spaces for about 20 minutes, and then they were bored out of there minds of looking at very old bricks on the ground, and had no interest in trying to imagine the homes and church that once inhabited the area. We trudged around for a couple hours, and then headed to Williamsburg, again another sneak peek. It was obvious from the hour we spent on Duke of Glouchester Street that someone who doesn't know my kids at all must have planned this trip. Oh wait, it was all my idea! What was I thinking??
As we pulled out of Williamsburg, and headed to our hotel in Hampton, Neal and I looked at each other and said, "What in the world are we going to do this week??" We promptly kissed our desires to have our kids enjoy a history filled week goodbye...and decided that Busch Gardens was probably more up their ally!
Day 2: Lucky for us, Neal's parents were so sweet in giving up their Williamsburg dreams to join us at Busch Gardens on Tuesday. We were there from sun-up to sun-down and it was such a blast! Everyone left the park with a smile on their face and something sugary and definitely on the "dentist's do not eat list" in their mouth.
Day 3: Wednesday we enjoyed a warm morning on the sand at Virginia Beach before the afternoon showers rolled in, and we cut Nana and Papa loose to go check out the sites we missed, so they could validate our reasons for not taking our children there.
Many of these pictures were taken with my iphone. I left the camera home on Busch Gardens and Beach days :(
Nan knows my boys have LOVE musical instruments. And they loved their new harmonicas, and actually sounded pretty good!

Somehow, I didn't get a picture of Millie and I waiting for a giant crazy roller-coaster ride! She was actually pretty brave and rode several twisters with Neal and I! And loved it!!
Justin wanted to ride the log-ride over and over. His personal favorite!
Take all the stress of life away and these boys find themselves bonding. Moments like these make crazy family vacations so worth it!















3 comments:
How fun!! Great pics! Can't wait to someday come out there and do these fun things with you guys!! Miss those kids so much!!
Wow! What a fun vacation! I love the harmonica pics...so sweet and the chocolate ice cream faces :)
Busch Gardens...as in the best roller coaster rides ever!!! I'm with you Millie! I would have rode them over and over...I love roller coasters! Such cute pics, even on your cell phone!
I have to admit I'm with the kids on the history stuff! :/ Boring to me, but I know there are a lot of history buffs out there. I think you had a perfect vacation. Love all the pics. Glad you guys are enjoying the east coast!
Post a Comment