Monday, February 23, 2009

Second Grade Comic Relief

Millie was getting ready to do her homework after school today, and she was not in a good mood. Then out of the blue, she, very seriously, asked me a question:
(Millie) "Mommy, can I tell you something really embarrassing?
(Me) "Sure, tell me"
(Millie) "Whenever my stomach hurts at school and I toot, everybody laughs at me, and its really embarrassing."
(Me-giggling, while I am trying to write down exactly what she just said) "Well don't other kids toot too?"
(Millie) "But when they toot, I laugh because its funny. But when I toot and they laugh at me, its embarrassing!"

Thank goodness by the end of the conversation we were both giggling. I felt bad for laughing too, but the way she said it was really hilarious! Nothing like a little afternoon second grade humor to lighten things up on a rainy Monday.

4 comments:

..Kris Naven.. said...

That's hilarious!!!

April said...

That is soooo funny! I love it! Those random conversations are the best! Millie is just so stinkin cute!

Tyson and Val said...

Millie is too cute. I will really treasure the night Uncle Tyson put her to bed and the sweet conversation we had that night. You and Neal have been blessed with a beautiful spirit! We miss you guys!

Sarah said...

You just let her know-we all toot! It is a normal happening. She is a normal child. But maybe she should get up and excuse herself to the bathroom next time-so no one will hear her:)