
Neal was originally scheduled to come home on Thursday, October 1st. Plans changed and he got delayed a few days, and we were very sad to hear he wouldn't be home until late on the evening of Saturday, October 3rd. Usually, a couple days would not be a big surprise or that much of a disappointment because it is kind of expected. However, we had been planning a big family trip to Apple Hill on Saturday morning with Kari and Mark and my brother Eric and his wife and family who were coming to visit us from Ohio. I was not really feeling like dragging three crazy kids and my pregnant belly up the hill alone. So I made arrangements with the Hargadons to watch Simon for me and tried to make the best of it. Friday, October 2nd: I spent the morning cleaning 5 toilets, vacuuming the house, washing 3 loads of laundry, and changing sheets, to get ready for Eric and Sarah to come (even though they stayed with Kari and Mark), and for Neal to get home the next day. By Friday evening, I was worn out. We ate pizza at the Stacy's, and got to catch up for a bit with Eric and Sarah and their adorable little girls (who we got to meet for the first time). By about 7:30pm, we came home and decided to finish the evening riding bikes and visiting with our super fun neighbors in the front yard. About 20 minutes went by, and a mysterious Town Car with black windows came driving down into the cul de sac. I got up to get my boys out of the way, when the rear passenger door flew open and our very own Daddy Superhero Rockstar popped out of the car!! He may as well have come riding down the street on a black horse! We were so excited and surprised to see him! Justin was actually very confused, and even a little upset at first that we wouldn't in fact be going to the airport to pick him up on Saturday! Our Hero arrived and we were able to go to Apple Hill on Saturday as a complete family (although I was actually a little tempted to continue with my plans to leave my 2 year old tantrum-er behind). I only wished I could have gotten a snapshot of the moment the cardoor flew open and Neal stepped out...I'm sure I had a priceless dumbfounded look on my face as well! It was a great surprise!
Saturday was a gorgeous perfect day for Apple Hill! We had a great time! And it was so fun to hang out for a bit at Mark's parents house (Grandma and Grandpa Stacy) who live in Camino, just a few miles up the road from High Hill.







6 comments:
What an awesome surprise and I'm sure it couldn't have come at a better time!!!
I LOVE Apple Hill and it looks as if you enjoyed it as much as we did! You kids are so cute!
What a sweet family. So glad Neil is FINALLY home. We are looking forward to Apple Hill. Looks like a blast.
I just LOVE your camera-it takes such good pictures of your kids. Or rather you have mastered your camera and know how to use it. WE too were very happy that Neal made his appearance early. It was fun having your whole family together for the outing.
OH-and I did notice that your house was VERY clean when we showed up on Friday:)
How fun! I don't think Adam could ever keep soemthing like that from me. :) A picture would have been great, but what a memory you made. And I would love to see that huge pregnant belly you keep talking about! Post a picture sometime, because if I remember correctly, your tummy gets big, but everything else stays small. I am sure you are super cute. Glad Neal is home to remind you how hot you are. He is always good at that.
Way to make your wife and family happy Neal!! you are very thoughtful and sweet to get home to your family as soon as you could. I do wish we had a photo showing the shock on Kristin's face when you stepped out of that car! I am sure Apple Hill was a really fun day for all because you were there!
Just look at the faces of your kids!! Love you tons... Karen
Post a Comment