Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring Break 2010 - Monterey

We took our first little trip with Noah to Monterey for Spring Break this year. We almost canceled our trip at the last moment because the weather was supposed to be lousy. And we are so glad we went anyway! What a gorgeous place! We had such a great time with the Penneys, who came as well! We stayed at a little Best Western that was right on the beach. The location was just perfect.

The day we got there (Tuesday), we spent a few hours on the beach next to our hotel, and then went to the Dennis the Menace Park which the kids LOVED! For those of you have little ones and are planning to go to Monterey, don't miss this free super fun park! There is a giant steam engine for the kids to climb on, which of course was Justin's very favorite thing. And then a bunch of really cool slides and play structures, including an old-school roller-slide! We ate at Bubba-Gump Shrimp that evening, which was just loud enough to drown out the craziness of our own kids. On Wednesday, we spent a few hours at the Aquarium, and the kids loved that, but of course were done by 1pm, and then we took a long drive down the coast, enjoying the breathtaking scenery, and then found this cute little hidden beach (I think it was somewhere near Pfeiffer Beach, can't quite remember). It was a little windy and chilly, but just beautiful! We headed back to the motel for pizza and swimming in the hottub and heated pool. The kids did great crammed in the motel room, even little Noah who slept in his stroller! My kids just love staying in hotels! We are hoping to plan another little trip again soon before Neal deploys in June.

Yes, I cut my hair. Its not the cutest in these pictures, but I really like it. Its a nice change!!











i











This is one of my favorite pictures! Simon is like this all the time, I promise!

4 comments:

Tiffani said...

How fun! You know I love your hair and I think it looks great even in your so called "bad" pictures.

Sheila said...

Super fun Kristin! Your family trips are so great, I love how meaningful they are. I agree, your hair looks so cute. What a fun change. Noah's face in that last picture with Neil and the kids are super cute!

The Addams Family said...

Cute pictures and cute hair!! I love Monterey and grew up going to that aquarium all the time. What a fun getaway!

mema said...

I love your pics in Monterey! So much fun with water and rocks! Everyone really looks like they are relaxed and chillin out! I miss the kidos so much! please kiss them all for Mema!