
The week after school got out, we took a little trip down to Point Magu with the Stacys, which is a tiny almost non-existent navy base just north of Malibu. On our way down, Neal took us on a detour to a really cool little hole-in-the-wall random joint called Jackos. Jackos is known for their GI-NORMOUS Filet Mignons, which we decided to share as a family. It was around 32 ounces, and I am pretty sure we only finished off about half of it!
The beach motel at Point Magu was perfect! It was super cheap and right next to a beautiful and nearly uninhabited beach. The weather was a little cool and windy the first day, but the kids had an absolute blast playing with the sand crabs, finding several whole sand dollars, and watching the dolphins and sea lions swim by every few minutes....and I'm not even exaggerating! They were everywhere, and swam right up close to us! The kids got a little sun-burned that first day, even with the clouds. Bummer! But we learned our lesson.
The next day, Kari and I and the girls decided to take a very adventurous trip through Malibu down to Santa Monica to go check things out, since I had never been there. Needless to say, after some excitement that isn't even worth mentioning, and some really snobby rude drivers in fancy cars(mostly female, I have to admit), the trip turned out to be not such a great idea. We were happy to come back to the quiet life at the beach. Probably one of our favorite things was the firepit outside our beach motel...."roasting" doughboys over the fire is one of our new favorites!
We also celebrated Madelyn's 2nd birthday while we were there at a fun pizza joint. hen Kari and Mark and the kids (and Millie) went to Disneyland on the last day, and we packed up the boys and went the long way home. We decided to hit a cute little touristy Dutch town called Solvang on our way home. Really cute town, wished we could have stayed a little longer (and maybe next time without kids).
The trip was really relaxing and fun and I think we will go back to Point Magu!!
































4 comments:
Hi Kristen, It's Nikki's mom. She emailed the picture she took of your baby(oh so cute) and the other of you and your husband. Wow so darling! I'm glad we didn't get luggage for her Master's Degree Gift....camera was much better idea. Don't tell her I said that:)
Rita
Kristin, great pictures of your trip! looks like all the kids had a blast on the beach!! So happy that you all could go together! Hugs and kisses to everyone!
Love, MOM
Okay so i missed the part where you told me you went to SOLVANG! I've totally been there with Shaun. We went with Gary and his family when Shaun and I were dating and made out (oops haha) I mean made our roade trip out to Vandenberg then up to San Fran to see Kari and Mark. Such a cute little place isn't it? That's fun. Love all your pictures.
It sounds like the perfect trip to the beach! Don't you love it when you also get close-ups of the sea animals? (we once saw a sea turtle on a boat excursion in the Carribean) Hey good luck on your upcoming 10K! And you never know, you may just be tempted to go for the half after all :)
Post a Comment