When we showed up, we were briefed on the morning events. Next we went to egress training where our super smart pilot husbands taught us how to literally strap ourselves to our ejection seat, and then "Egress Egress Egress!!" as fast as we could out of the sim cockpit. For anyone who wants to know, the cockpit is really small, and the seats are absolutely NOT comfortable. And there were a bazillion straps and buckles to remember how to unbuckle in an emergency. Next our group loaded up in a van and rode out to catch our sweet rides! I climbed into the jet, while Neal helped me buckle in and his friend took a million ridiculous pictures of me trying to look cool in my shiny black machine. Finally, we taxied to the runway, and I talked to the control tower to get cleared for our "flight" (all the wives had to make the calls).
AND THEN......3-2-1....blastoff....a little extra boost with after-burner....and....then.....it was over! Just a taxi folks... I'm not as priviledged as Diane Sawyer, so no take-off today. Maybe another day if the rules ever change.
Thanks for a super fun day! Neal, you are SO COOL!! (I'm serious!!) And in case anyone wants to know, there is no such thing as a U-2 Spouse Taxi, unfortunately. You can ask Neal why sometime, too complicated for me to explain :)







5 comments:
You told me all about it but I enjoyed seeing the accompanying pictures. You're hot by the way.
I loved seeing these pictures on FB! And Tiffani is right...you are one HOT mama in that flight suit :)! Your hubby IS cool and what a fun thing for you to be able to experience....even if it wasn't the real deal.
Looks like you got a little taste of the "Top Gun" life! Doesn't it make you admire your husband even more?
HOW FUN! You guys look good in uniform! Im kinda jealous. I dont think I would EVER want to join my hubby at work.
Om Goodness!! That would beso awesome! You guys look like ur Newlyweds with the butt grab! Gotta LOVE IT!!! lol! Looks like a verycool experience!! I love ya!
Post a Comment