Friday, August 13, 2010

Summer 2010 Part 2 - 3 Day trip to Texas!

My wonderful parents-in-law drove all the way to California and "caravann-ed" with me all the way back to Texas. Even more than that, Papaw took at least one of my children in his car, and Rodna rode the whole way in my car with my sweet kiddos (and lots of the time a screaming Simon)! Day 1 we made it 12 hours to 111 degree steamy Phoenix (it was this temp at 8pm). My kids all thought it was fun to go to the hotel pool and swim, it was the motivation for the day!

Day 2, we stopped in Las Cruces, NM at the famous La Posta for dinner. La Posta is a Hinson Family Tradition, but it was my first time! Quite a neat little Historical Site, not to mention the food was delicious! And the kids loved the birds and the fish in the courtyard entrance of the restaurant! Then we drove onto Fort Stockton, Texas. For some reason, this was like the never ending day! Simon was especially enjoying the ride, and making it just as pleasant (NOT) for the rest of us! Lets face it, we were putting him through a lot by sticking him in a car for that long!

Day 3, we got into Houston around 3:30pm. We had been stuck in traffic for a while when we got a panicked phone call from Papaw saying Millie was about to have an accident all over Nana's new car! We were bumper to bumper stuck in traffic, so Papaw did some quick thinking and handed her a cup. I'm not sure how it all went because I was in a different car, but apparently she had been keeping it to herself up until she just couldn't "hold it" any longer! I can imagine after some giggling and "ew... gross"es from she and her cousins here and there, Millie managed to get most of her peepee into a cup that she was required to hold for the remaining 30 minute car ride home. Good thinking Papaw, and nice work Millie!






2 comments:

Sarah said...

OH I just love the pee in the cup story!! She is never going to be able to live that down!! You are one heck of a mom to drive that far with your kids-and you have AWESOME in-laws to help!! I am excited to read more about the trip!

Shaun and Kelli said...

hahahahahahah. I'm still laughing about the cup story, you never told me that! I'm sure her cousins were laughing their heads off. That's awesome. Way to go Fred! Props to the BEST inlaws in the WHOLE WORLD!