Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Turtle, Mr. Incredible...or I mean A Lion, Superman, and a Vampiress

Halloween 2011
My sister just texted me and said I needed to update my blog.  And I realized that I never did finish my Halloween post!  AGH!
The Friday before Halloween Justin and Simon each had party's at their schools. Then we had our ward Fall Festival.  On Halloween night, we went to a friend's house for dinner and then had lots of fun trickortreating with lots of friends!  Which was nice since Neal went out of the country the weekend before Halloween.
Luckily my boys don't really have much of an opinion on Halloween costumes, so I usually just stick them in whatever handmedown/ubercheap and easy costume I can find.  I am not a huge halloween fan, but I am learning not to hate it by keeping things simple.  This year, I found two great superhero costumes at a Thrift store called UNIQUE, and they were only cost $4 a pop!  I originally thought Justin might like to choose Superman or Mr. Incredible, since both were his size, but after Justin decided on Superman, Simon was anxious to be Mr. Incredible.  After tucking up the sleeves and pants like 6 inches, we made it work.  Of course Simon loved his costume!  And then found his Lion costume from last year, which he wore to the trunk or treat....and on Halloween.  Millie found her Vampiress costume at Target, for "not such a good deal".  But it was pretty cute and of course her friend wanted to match her, as most friends do at age 10.  















1 comment:

Kari said...

Yay!! Thanks for updating for me :) I LOVE Justin in his superman costume! Such great pics! Noah is the cutest little Turtle EVER and Simon cracks me up with his wardrobe change...heheh! He's like Kali. She did the same thing. haha!!! Millie is looking so grown up these days too! hugs and kisses to them all!!