February 6, 2012
Simon turned 5!!
And I can't believe its taken me almost a whole month to post about this! Simon has always been very easy to please when it comes to birthdays. He wanted Legos and ChuckECheese this year. I personally can't stand that place, but if you pick the right night and go early enough, and don't invite the whole town, it can be a fun easy birthday party and your kids think you are a hero at the end! Simon was super excited to have Colby and his family (the Sanders) come help us celebrate. I also took frosting cookies to his class earlier in the day, which of course Simon loved as well. In preschool, the kids think its great to be the "napkin passer-outer" or the "snack helper" so on birthdays they get the big responsibilities. Simon just loved being the "cookie-passer-outer and his friends all loved the yummy frosting cookies.
I find myself putting off birthday posts only because I want to be really thoughtful about the things I say about each of my children on their birthdays.
Simon at age 5: Simon Loves Legos. He loves the kits but needs lots of help with assembly. He really enjoys being creative with bucket of legos. He builds boats, planes, trains, trucks, cars, and his most recent creation was a U-2 with pogos and all. Simon also loves to draw. This is a new skill for Simon, something he has just discovered. He draws everything from stick people to race cars, airplanes, houses, caterpillars, volcanoes. I can't believe how his creativity has picked up in just a few months (at the beginning of the school year Simon could barely draw a happy face, and just wasn't at all interested). He is also really great at writing his letters and numbers. Simon loves to play outside. He loves to ride his bike and his scooter with the neighborhood kids and Millie and Justin. Simon is a really fun kid, super spunky and very very stubborn (which will be a good thing someday I have heard). Simon is doing fantastic in preschool and will get to ride the bus to Flint Hill Elementary in the fall with Millie and Justin when he starts Kindergarten. We feel incredibly blessed to have Simon in our family. He is such a joy, and such a tender heart. A friend of mine recently said "I could just get lost in Simons eyes", which made me glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that special sparkle Simon was born with. He can melt almost anyone's heart! I love you my sweet Simon!
Big brother offering his help.
We found Simon with his friend ChuckEE after he seemed to have gone missing for a few minutes. They are pals, can't you tell?









2 comments:
OH SIMON!! Such a big boy now!! Happy birthday sweet boy!! CHuck E CHeese is the best! We miss those days of going with you guys :) Glad he had a fun birthday!!
I love Simon's big brown eyes :) I am happy that Simon loves his pre-school and can look forward to riding the bus with Justin and Millie in the fall!
Kristin, can you believe that you will have all 3 in the same school for one year? Yay!
Post a Comment