Wednesday, September 19, 2012

First Day of School 2012

The summer flew by in what seems like minutes.  September is here and my kids are ALL in school this year!  Lucky for us we live in a place where 6th graders can spread their confident wings and mentor all their fellow younger students in Elementary school.  Millie is my sixth grader this year, Justin is in 3rd and Simon started Kindergarten!  They all ride the bus together to school and back home again at the end of their busy school day.  The great thing and sometimes not-so-great thing about that is I always get a full report from Millie.  She is pretty good at looking out for them too, helping Simon get to class and telling the mean kids to get lost when they say unkind things to or about her brothers.

I am pretty sure all my kids were super excited for the first day of school!  Their anticipation and energy filled our home as they got ready, assembled their backpacks and headed out the door, probably 20 minutes earlier than necessary.  Simon was most excited, as he had anticipated this day since he walked the kids to the bus on the first day of school, last year.  I wished I could have captured the look on his face when he stepped off the bus at the end of his first day.  The look he gave me said very clearly "Mom, can you believe what I just got to do??"

Noah started his first day of preschool the following day!  It surprised me how much I missed him!  Thank goodness it's only 3 days a week.



 Our neighborhood kindergarteners!





2 comments:

Katie said...

Nothing better than when the bus pulls up in front of my house in the morning, and I see all three of their faces, beaming & waving at me through the window!

Unknown said...

I love the first day of school pictures... These are awesome! But the photos of Noah is so darn cute I think I could just eat him up!! I miss you guys so much!
Hugs from Mema!