October 19th, 2012:
I love all my sisters and I feel like these get-togethers just bind us even more! I truly have the best sisters ever! They are always there for me for me to lean on, they take the time to listen to me and I feel their support from across the miles. I know I can be myself around them and they love me just the way I am! I feel good about myself when I am around them. They have taken the time to get to know and love my children, and I love their children and families just as much! I respect and look up to each of them and appreciate their differences.
It's hard for me to put into words what a blast we have when we all get together, but I think the pictures create a pretty good impression of our craziness! It is so awesome to be together alone with just us to giggle, chat, eat yummy food, curl each others' hair, shop, take goofy pictures, and validate our Diet Coke addictions!
Most (some weren't able to come) of my sisters from all corners of the US started the process of making their way to DC. For whatever reason the "buddy pass" thing was a difficult way to go, but I am pretty sure there are no complaints looking back since their flights were 100% free! Thanks Dad! Kathryn, Sam and Ivy actually drove 8 hours from Tennessee. Kelli was the last to arrive, just after midnight on the evening of the 19th (or morning of the 20th to be exact). And we wasted no time to start having FUN!
(This picture was taken while we were waiting for Kelli to get it, we were all just a little looney :)
We kicked off the weekend with a morning 3 mile jog through the beautiful trails by my house. The weather was perfect! And the scenery was gorgeous! Neal welcomed us at home with donuts and large diet cokes. Haha! Breakfast of champions! So much for the run...
After we got all prettied up we headed out for some major outlet mall shopping, lots of diet coke, yummy food and lots of laughs!!
Ugly shoe shopping.
We headed to Old Town Alexandria for some cute boutique shopping, a quick bite to eat, and a walk to the Potomac. Tyson and Valerie got engaged in Old Town so we got to hear the story in detail, which was really cool!
Relaxing in the Jacuzzi at the hotel.
Taking the Metro to Eastern Market.
We ate breakfast at this cute little cafe and then walked around the open market. Really cool place in downtown DC!
Oh yeah! A little piece of heaven!
Oops! Not quite Kat!
Kat photobombing with her pinky finger. As Noah would say "Dig it out!!"
Finishing off the day at Tyson's Corner. Awkward Bathroom Picture!
Five Guys and Diet Coke Reload to get us through the evening.
The guys met up with us at Jacksons to top off the evening!
The only thing I could have asked for is a few more days with my favorite ladies! I miss them so much and am counting down until the next girls WEEK! (Lets face it, a weekend goes by way to quickly)!





















3 comments:
SUCH a good looking group! This looks is my kind of weekend. Makes me miss my sisters!
Definitely the BEST weekend EVER!! Miss you tons!!!Love you!!
Yayy!! Miss yall already!! I love that first picture with your camera. The colors of your yard look so cool with us hotties. :) Love you sis!
Post a Comment