Sunday, November 25, 2012

Race Report 2 - Neal's Adventure of a Lifetime - The Bear 100

You can find Neal's full race report here.  I have to say I was on pins and needles the entire 32 hours and 39 minutes.  It all started at 6am Mountain Time, on September 28th.  It was 8am our time, the kids and I were waiting for their bus when we received his text at the starting line.  From there, I heard very seldomly from Fred, Neal's dad who was crewing Neal,  he didn't have a cell signal for most of the race.  Needless to say I checked the Bear100 official website for updates on Neal's progression through the crazy Mountains he was climbing, as he checked into each aid stations.  Unfortunately for me, and everyone else that was trying to follow him, the updates on the website came about 2-3 hours late due to the logistics of the "manual entering" of the guys checking in. When I did finally hear from Fred, I could literally feel his excitement and positivity.  Neal was doing fantastic and having the time of his life, and apparently so was his dad who was lucky enough to be there and witness the event!  Neal completed his Big Adventure around 2:39pm Mountain Time.  Words can't even express how proud I am of Neal for his amazing accomplishment!  Way to go babe!  You can do ANYTHING!












2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Neal! You are awesome! This race was crazy but you did it and we will always be proud of you.
The colors in Utah and Idaho were beautiful too! Congratulations! Great photos! (So happy your dad could be there to share it with you)

Katie said...

All I can say is WOW. I bet I will never meet another 100 miler. Congratulations Neal!