Friday, April 12, 2013

California Dreamin

February 20th, 2013

I got up early on a Wednesday morning and loaded my tiny suitcase into the car.  With my SWA buddy-pass in hand (courtesy of my hard-working father), Neal dropped me off at the Dulles Airport and I began my long journey across the USA to sunny Northern California.   I had no concern for time, because I was armed with some good books and an iPad and NO CHILDREN to keep me occupied and relaxed.  Kari picked me up at the airport around 4pm (pacific) and it was so great to see her and my nephew and nieces!  It has been way too long!  It was so great to be able to spend sister time with Kari, snuggle her kids who I had missed so much, and see lots of old friends!  Kari and I even ran together 3 times!  Thank you Kari and family for having me!  And thanks Neal, Amy, and Rodna and Fred and all my other friends who helped watch my kiddos so I could go and relax and not worry about the homefront!  

(Warning: most of the pictures taken were taken with my iphone.)















3 comments:

Sam and Kat said...

Haha love the pics! especially the one with madelyn wearing lip gloss and the goofy faces one. So glad you got to go visit Kari and your old friends.

Katie said...

Looks like my kind of trip! Any time you want me to watch your kids / Neal wants to bring me Diet Coke and french fries, I'M IN.

Kari said...

miss you already so much!! It was SO fun having you here!! Love the pics too. I wasn't very good at taking very many. I'll have to steal yours when I get around to blogging again someday :) Love you!! Come back anytime ;)