February 6th, 2013
Simon was incredibly excited to turn 6 this year! He told me for his birthday he really really wanted to go to Chuck-E-Cheese and invite EVERYONE: Me, Dad, Mom, Millie, Justin and Noah!! It sounded like the perfect party to me! Dad was going to be gone on Simon's actual birthday so we planned it for the Friday after. Simon's birthday week, he came home from school saying he wanted to invite all his friends to his party at Chuck-E-Cheese. I thought I was off the hook, and then I felt so incredibly guilty for taking advantage of Simon that way. I vowed to throw him a party with his friends next year (or maybe the year after) and he was happy with that! The day of his birthday was a super busy one. I went and ate lunch with Simon at school, and then made him a fun Star Wars birthday cake (well Christy worked her magic and I learned a lot about cake decorating). Simon was loving all the birthday attention and was still smiling when I put him to bed. He has been wearing his new Darth Vader hoodie morning and night since that day! Who knew the last minute super clearance buy from Target would be favorite Birthday gift!!
A little about Simon at 6 years old:
Simon is extremely sweet and happy. He can make just about anyone smile and has a very endearing personality. He LOVES attention, to the point that he will do just about anything for it. Simon has tons of friends, and loves to have friends over to play! Simon loves to draw and write. He has fantastic penmanship for his age and has begun to sound out words. I find little notes he writes to all his friends, and after he decodes the notes for me, they make perfect sense (he usually leaves out a few key vowels, but each word has 2-3 letters in it). Simon loves Star Wars! He walks around the house quoting scenes from the movies and picks up objects that could represent a light saber, stuffs it in his belt loop, and usually always has his mask-hoodie on in addition to a blanket/cape tied around his neck. Simon loves to ride his bike, and is extremely agile and quick! We are already struggling to keep up with him. Happy birthday Simon! We love you SO much!










3 comments:
Haha love that kid and his star wars obsession.. such a riot. It was fun getting to know him a little better this past week.
So hard to believe that Simon is 6 years old already! We love and miss him so much! Give him big hugs from Mema and Grandpa!
oh my goodness I miss that boy so much!! Loved that pic of you and him close up with the big giant smiles!!! Glad he had a good birthday :)
Post a Comment