Tuesday, July 2, 2013
Cherry Blossoms with Mema
Beginning of April: My mom flew out, kinda spontaneously. It was super fun to have her here, because it had been a while since we had seen her. She arrived just in time to see the cherry blossoms in full bloom in DC. I missed them somehow last year, so we made sure we made it to the Tidal Basin to view the breathtaking sight of the cherry blossoms in their full glory! My kids did not have an appreciation for the spectacular scene, however, I took as much of it in as I could in the 30 minutes we were there. We parked at the Pentagon and hiked a mile (and some change) to the Jefferson Memorial. It was a scorching 93 degrees (unusual for early April), plus 100% humidity, which made the trek seem that much longer. For me it was totally worth it! I am pretty sure the rest of my family whole-hardheartedly disagrees.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment