Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Last Days of School and Goodbyes

I am going to put a couple days worth of events in one post.

Wednesday June 12th was Noah's last day of preschool!  He had a great year and loved his teachers Ms. Field and Ms. Beth a ton!  He will miss them and all his friends!

Thursday June 13th, Simon had his Kindergarten Program and Graduation!  They sang songs and recited little poems to show all that they had learned over the year. It was adorable and really great as a parent to see Simon participating in every way, and displaying his mad Kindergarten skills, with a little Simon twist!  He is really quite the little performer.  And a big thank you to his teachers who were just really amazing this year!  They were so great with him in helping him have a very successful Kindergarten year!

The next day, Friday, June 14th, I got to chaperon Millie's 6th grade News Team Field Trip to the Newseum in Washington DC.  It was a pretty small group of 6th graders, which made it super fun!  We took the metro into the city, and the Newseum was one of the best museums I have been to.  I would really like to go back and see more of it sometime!  I think the kids enjoyed themselves too!

The following Tuesday, June 18th was the last day of school.  I went up in the morning and took some pictures of Justin and his teachers and friends, as well as Millie's teacher.  My kids were blessed with some amazing teachers this year!  We are so grateful for all that they did for our kids!










Ms. Kuykendall was Simon's kindergarten teacher this year!  She was fantastic!






Stephanie has been working with Simon and Noah in our home for about a year.  We will miss her!



As soon as I took a picture of Justin with Ms. Hoak, all of his friends in his class lined up to take a picture with Justin  too.  It was very heart-warming!








This is Ms. McDonough. She was an amazing teacher for Justin this year and Justin learned a ton!
 
Ms. Aefsky worked a ton with Justin as well, this year and last year.  We are so thankful for all these wonderful teachers and the love they showed Justin.

Ms. Kohls taught Justin last year and Simon this year, but was also a mentor for Justin.  She will always hold a place in our hearts!

Ms. Coffey was Millie's homeroom teacher this year.  She also had a fantastic year and learned a ton!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

The big smiles on Noah's, Simon's, Justin's and Mille's faces say it all! What a great experience each child had with their teachers and friends in an awesome place to live and grow! You will always remember VA, and be grateful! It was heart-warming just reading your blog.
love, MOM

kevinandbarbie said...

I love Justin's smile. It reminds me of Neal.