Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mom and the Fourth of July

Well, I know this really bores everyone, but I am posting a bunch of pictures I took the last few weeks. My mom was here for a very long time, and I took a great shot of she and Millie the night before she left. We loved having her here and the kids got to spend lots of time with her! We really got used to having her around, it was sad to see her go back home. I think she was ready though, if anyone can believe it! She wore herself out! Thanks Mom!

We had a very low key Fourth of July. Millie spent the morning at the Lincoln City Parade and at McBean park. Thankfully our wonderful neighbors, the Arbaugh's, took her with them and she had a blast! Thanks Carol! Then we went over to the Browning's for BBQ and fireworks in their cul-de-sac. I am so glad I didn't pack the kids up for the Lincoln City Fireworks, since they all are still terrified. Millie started enjoying them right at the end, but Justin was miserable. He sat way up on a neighbor's porch, right next to their front door for the first few "pops". And then he ended up in the car with the windows rolled up watching Finding Nemo super-loud so he couldn't here the loud crackles and bangs! Simon went to bed, and missed the whole thing, but I have a feeling he woudn't have enjoyed it. The weather was perfect, almost chilly. I really enjoyed the festive but calm evening with friends.









5 comments:

Loren said...

We had a very similar fireworks experience so i can totally relate. Chris ended up setting off fireworks by himself while we watched from inside the playroom -maybe next year!!! it was so fun to see your mom too - we all feel like she is our mom too!!!

amber said...

That first picture of Millie and your mom, millie looks like she is 12yrs. So grown up. Her daddy will be so shocked how mature she looks in that photo.

Lexy said...

Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute! I loved seeing the Hinson family through pictures! Looks like life is treating y'all well! We sure miss our Texas friends! Wendy Tripple :}

The Elmers said...

How cute! Some cute shots of Millie! I don't think kids appreciate fireworks until they are older...oh well! And THANK YOU soooo much for those cookies!!! They were seriously the best I've had in a loooong time! (and I polished off the last one the next day haha, told ya!)