Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Escape Artist

I should have titled this post as "confessions of a lousy mother". I know a lot of you have already heard this very dramatic story so I will spare you most of the details. My BABY is not a BABY anymore! Unfortunately Simon can now reach all the door handles, including the front door! To make a long story short, Simon has managed to escape with no one looking more than once in the last few days. Both times, he made it all the way around the corner and almost to the trail (Guy and Jen Perrow's house to be more specific, for those of you who know where I live), running the whole way in the middle of the street. Fortunately, we have nice neighbors that saw him and grabbed him before he made it to the trail. Yesterday, after the second escape, we decided to take action! Here is the great (LOUD) "chime" alarm that Neal installed last night. Along with a nice sign on the door to help remind us and everyone else to keep the front door LOCKED! Hopefully the nightmares will end soon so I can start getting some sleep!

4 comments:

Loren said...

oh my Kristin-i can understand why you aren't sleeping too well. Isn't that a mothers worst nightmare. He is a STRONG boy - we were noticing on SUnday that he could open those heavy doors in nursery. Hope the alarm helps so you can relax a little!!

Carman said...

oh my word!! you poor thing!! sounds like you've got some good reinforcements to keep him in now!! i'll pray they work too so you can sleep peacefully again. =o)

Kelli said...

That's so funny! I can relate My not-so-much a baby does that, too! Since we have double front doors we have one of those cupboard straps around them. If we ever forget our garage door opener, we'd never be able to get inside our house from the outside! I'll have to keep the bell idea tucked away for our next house.

Susanne said...

WOW!! I've never had an escape artist like that! Also helps that I've never had those easy-to-turn door handles and also had short kids. They used to worry about Jaron escaping the nursery... yea, he wasn't tall enough. I can tell you tons of "worst mother ever" stories from my household, so no worries! Glad you got him back!