We went up to the Stacy's house (Jerry and Linda are Mark's parents, Kari's in-laws) for Thanksgiving this year. They live up in Camino, better known as Apple Hill. This is the best time of year to be up in the beautiful hills of Northern California where the leaves are changing color, the air is perfectly crisp and the smell of autumn is everywhere! The weather was wonderful that day, and the kids all seemed happy and cheerful to be going to Jerry and Linda's. Soon after we got there, while frosting a turkey sugar cookie, Millie said "Mommy, my tummy really hurts." I told her to go and lay on the couch and eat a roll. I put Simon down for an afternoon nap, and Justin went out with Zach to ride his quad (yes, it is really a quad, a small version, but a quad), and then later on his bike around the porch. I enjoyed visiting with Kari and Linda, while we finished up frosting the turkey cookies. Things were pretty quiet. After a few hours of quad riding and shooting with his Dad, Zach walked in and looked very green. He told Kari "I am going to throw up", and he went straight into the bathroom and did exactly that. Poor little guy went to the couch and went right to sleep. A few moments later, Millie yelled from the living room "Mommy, I'm throwing up, I'm throwing up", when I walked in, she was barfing right there all over Linda's clean living room carpet! Millie left a trail all the way to the bathroom. I got it all cleaned up and set a bowl next to Millie, who of course said she felt much better. We managed to sit down to a perfectly delicious Thanksgiving dinner, while the pukers were on the couch resting. My appetite was unfortunately not the same as it normally would have been for turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy and lots of bread. A very big Thank You to Linda and Jerry for having my sick family, and making our Thanksgiving a wonderful one, even though we were missing Neal this year! We had a nice time, even with the barfing.

Zach's Quad (picture taken in September)




A Forced Smile.

Miserable Millie







2 comments:
I'm glad you had somewhere to go for the holiday. It always stinks to have sick kids. Your haircuts look great though! I could never do that. Adam cuts the boys and Hannah goes to a salon. I don't think my hands are steady enough. Hope you are doing okay with Neal gone. Will he be back for Christmas? I think about you a lot. Love ya, Sariah
I love the kids haircuts, great job. Give them all a big huge for us. Miss you guys alot!
Love Nana and Papa
Post a Comment