I dread haircuts. I cut my boys hair super short purposely so I don't have to go through the experience very often. And I let their hair get nice and shaggy before I brave it up to do it again. If you know my boys, you can imagine the scene we would cause if I tried to take the somewhere. Every time I get ready to cut their hair again, the thought crosses my mind to let a professional do it. Then I remember that the screaming and bribing can stay nice and private (aside from my confessions on this post) in my own home right? So the day finally came about a week and a half ago, on a Saturday evening. I got through Simon's fine, even though he screamed the whole time, which in turn caused Justin to scream as well. Justin has a problem with loud noises, especially Simon's incredibly loud vocal chords. When I got to Justin's head, I realized I would have to trim his neck with the regular clippers (no-guard) because Neal had taken his electric razor with the little "tool" on it to trim the back with him to wherever he is. In a nutshell, I ended up pinching Justin's neck before the job was done, and it was a nightmare to finish. Luckily, in the end he seemed to forgive me and his hair didn't turn out too bad. Millie decided to get in on the fun. I got brave and gave her a blunt bob (cut 5 inches off), turned out pretty cute on her! After I got my handsome boys with fresh haircuts to bed, Millie and I had a little girl time and painted nails and watched a movie. Fun times!
"Before"
"After"




Girl's Night


8 comments:
Your kids are SO dang cute! Look like they should model for gapkids or something.
Wow, you are one brave woman! The hair looks awesome! Maybe you should cut my kids hair!!! jk. My mom used to put scotch tape on my bangs and cut them if that makes you feel any better! If you ever need a break I'm just down the street!
Oh my goodness Kristin, Millie's hair is SO CUTE like that!! I LOVE IT! You tell her how much Sheila LOVES IT!!!!!!!!!
And I love that you had "girl time" together...hope someday I get to do that with a daughter!!
haha love the pics.... especially the one where simon is screaming and justin is sticking his tongue out at him. classic! and i love millie's pink nails. its such a cute color!
I love it!!! How fun the girls night, I can't wait to have some of my own!
You did an awesome job and i think you are amazing for even attempting it. WE have quite the screaming fits here too so we have a family friend who kindly comes when I call, saves me big time and i am not talking about monetarily.
love the girl time - i think i have many girl nights to look forward to. Good for you guys!
Good lookin kids, just like their mama! I need that Jim Brickman CD now. I didn't know he had a Christmas one. Merry christmas.
You did a great job with those haircute! And I totally hear ya on waiting forever to do them and then dreading the whole process and barely making it through. Jaron & David have gotten pretty easy as they've gotten older, but Simon's is still a fight. He hates the clippers and shies away from them ridiculously. Kudos!
Post a Comment