The day I got back from Utah, we also had our Ward Christmas Activity, which I was heavily involved in (with my super amazing friend Stephanie, thank heavens). We decided to do things a little different this year because our ward has so many children. Santa came at the beginning and was setup and ready to greet the children in his workshop. The kids waited in a short line to see him and then spent some time doing a craft if they wanted. The young women were dressed up as elves and were a huge help with all the kiddos and crafts. Afterwards, the Senior Primary put on a little Nativity program (with a few special guest musical numbers) and we had dessert and hot chocolate following the program. It was lots of work, as Ward Activities always are, but I think it turned out nice. And I'm especially GLAD its over!! Justin and Simon loved seeing Santa, of course it was the highlight for them. Millie was a last minute angel in the program, which was really fun for her!
Last Friday was Millie and Justin's last day of school before the Christmas Break. Justin's Kindergarten program had a super cute "Winter" Program and Millie's class celebrated the holidays with a "winter" party. I just really think its lame the word "Christmas" is slowly being eliminated from the public's vocabulary. However, Justin's Kindergarten did sing lots of very traditional Christmas Carols such as "Rudolph", "Jingle Bells", "Santa Claus is coming to Town" and they even ended with "We Wish you a Merry Christmas"! Way to go Carlin C. Coppin!! Justin loved being a part of the program and did a wonderful job! He was singing and participating the whole time! Millie's class had a little winter party that I was able to come up for. Nothing big, just some snacks and cookie frosting. But it was nice to be up there with her, and to see her classroom dynamics!







2 comments:
so cute. I love Justin's costume! He's quite the performer. I can't believe your ward has their own Santa, that's awesome. Looks like tons of fun but I'm sure you are glad it's all over. Come on baby #4! Hurry up and get here!
Great pictures of life in the classroom and with Santa at the church. These will be priceless memories someday. love to my grandchildren!
Post a Comment