I have lived in gorgeous Northern California for almost four and a half years and have NEVER been camping UNTIL NOW!! Neal came home on September 5th after a long 2 months in the desert, and we went on a little over-night camping trip to Lake Tahoe the following weekend. For those who don't know Lake Tahoe, in the summertime, it can get up into the high 70s and low 80s during the day, but it gets down to nearly freezing at night! We packed up and headed up the canyon around lunchtime on Friday afternoon. We set up camp at the Fallen Leaf Lake Campground, which is a beautiful place and a really nice campsite. We went for a walk and then enjoyed chicken fajitas and of course s'mores and dough-boys (our favorite!!), and then bundled up and went to bed pretty early. Noah had a tough night, I think he had trouble with the sounds of bodies moving around in sleeping bags and zippers, which were right next to his packnplay. Needless to say it was a super long...or short night... however you want to look at it. On Saturday, we had yummy bacon and fried biscuits (in the bacon grease of course :) for breakfast. Then we packed up camp and went on a gorgeous hike up to Cascade Falls (or I should say tide pools now that the falls are drying up). Then we headed over to Pope Beach to finish out our fun trip to Lake Tahoe! We love that place, but have decided we should wait a few months before taking Noah camping again. Good times and good memories!






















1 comment:
You are a brave woman Kristin to go camping with 4 kids and Noah so young! I am not that brave! But I am so happy that you had a great time! All the kids look so happy when they are free to just run and play! See you soon :) Love, MOM
Post a Comment