Friday, September 3, 2010
Holy Tomatoes!
Neal planted 4 tomato plants this past spring. And the tomatoes decided to take over the entire garden! I received reports from neighbors and friends that they had been coming over and picking buckets full of tomatoes while we were in Texas for 3 weeks! I had no idea what I was in for. We arrived home on the evening of August 4th. The next morning, August 5th, Rodna (Neal's mom) and I picked tomatoes for at least an hour, filling up my kitchen sink, as well as a couple large buckets full of beautiful tomatoes! So Rodna and I went to Walmart to pick up all the stuff to can the tomatoes, so they didn't go to waste! She and Fred spent the entire day blanching, peeling and canning the tomatoes. As well as making salsa to can! We ended up canning 28 quarts of tomatoes and 12 pints of salsa! And I learned a new skill at the same time! I have since picked tons more tomatoes. I also learned how to make roasted tomato sauce as well as blackened salsa! Loving all these tomoatoes!! Thanks Neal for planting all the tomatoes!!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is ALOT of Tomatoes! It looks so yummy too!!! I want some!!
When are we going to get together!?
Post a Comment