In years past, I have unintentionally avoided some end-of-the-school-year awkward good-bye events (ex: class-parties, etc), and then felt guilty that I didn't properly thank teachers or say good-bye to parents and students that I never really knew. This year I was able to attend a few last week of school events: Millie's fourth grade party, Justin's McBean Park Field Trip (somehow I totally missed taking a picture of Justin with his amazing teachers), Simon's PPPIP Party (I stopped in and snapped a picture or two), the Little School House Open House BBQ and Last Day of School Party. Why does it feel weird and awkward to say good-bye at these things? This year, probably more than other years, it was twice as emotional and awkward because we are moving. I feel very grateful for my kids' teachers, especially this year. For the most part, my children had exactly what they needed this year. And from where I was standing, it seemed their teachers really loved them and enjoyed being their teachers, which means more to me than most everything else.
This is Kendall, Justin's good friend from school. I forgot to snap pictures with his unbelievable teacher, and classroom assistants.
No comments:
Post a Comment