A few months ago, Millie was casually talking to Mema (who was visiting) and I. Millie began "Mom, do you think I should try out for the stow-away part in our pirates play? I want to do it but I'm not sure I should because it might be kind of embarrassing..." So of course my mom and I encouraged her to try out, not really having any idea what in the world she was talking about, uncertain of the play or what the stow-away character would be. As it turns out, Millie did in fact try out for the part. She had to sing a solo in front of her whole fourth grade music class for the tryout and she got the part! When she came home to tell us, she brought the script and a cd with the music on it. Eventually we figured out that she would be one of the main characters in this little play. It was so neat for Millie to have this opportunity, for her confidence and also for her parents to recognize her talent! She was quite the little actress, very uninhibited and expressive, and right on key when she belted out her little songs. We are very proud of Millie, she was an amazing stow-away!!
No comments:
Post a Comment