Thursday, January 9, 2014

Christmas in Houston

Two holidays in a row with family??!  How did we get so lucky?  Christmas Eve was wonderful at the Hinsons!  The night was filled with great food, presents, flat-bed trailer Christmas caroling with cousins in the neighborhood, and a special Christmas message by Nana and Papa.  Justin was in jammies before we even went caroling, he was so excited to go to bed and was afraid Santa would skip his house if he was still awake.   We had a quiet Christmas morning with our kids and Madison, Raylynn, Nana and Papa on Christmas morning, and then we drove up to Kelli's house to spend Christmas Day with my family.  The kids had a great time there with their Brown cousins and snuggling their new cousin, Baby Marshall!  We went to Aunt Jackie and Uncle Wade's house (Neal's aunt) and the kids had a blast feeding the cows and going up to the neighbors's house to see her chicken and peacock farm.  We drove home on Sunday and welcomed another week of vacation to just chill at home before going back to the daily grind.

 Neal went to the shooting range with his dad, brothers, cousin and uncles on the 23rd (after the zoo).  




Ummmm... when did she grow up?




















The Twelve Days of Christmas!  Everyone had a day on a stick, and the kids thought it was great!









Sacked out cold, Christmas will do that to a kid!

















"Coolest thing I have ever seen!"



What is better than a giant pile of dirt?





Simon and Katie were reunited at the peacock farm.  They met last summer, and they sure do love each other! (not sure which is more disgusting; Simon letting the dog lick so close to his mouth...and inside maybe, or whatever the dog is licking of Simon's face)












My sweet friend Janna and her daughter Caroline made these stockings for me this year.  It started out an idea for a project I wanted to do, and I backed out feeling overwhelmed.  So in true Janna fashion she just made them all for me.  I will treasure them always.  (Notice stocking number 7 draped on the chair below the stockings, we even are prepared for next year).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all these photos! Christmas came and went too fast, but we sure have great memories! I love your new Christmas stockings! Adorable and timeless!!

Kari said...

SO many great pictures! Looks like so much fun and made me miss being with everyone for Christmas!! I can't believe how much all the kids are growing up! Can't wait to see you soon!! Love you so much!

Katie said...

OK - I think I just switched up my two comments, but just had to say that Jack is crazy jealous over the rifle kit. Christmas 2014 here we go! :)