June 9th - Neal began the longest most intense race of his life. He will probably post about the event himself, and I will attach a link as soon as he does. The most interesting thing about this race is that it was also a relay. Neal got a few friends interested and as the day approached, a 5 man team immerged. A team of really great friends were there running as well as supporting Neal while he ran. It was so great for Neal to have their support, positivity, and encouragement. Neal was well prepared for this race and in the end was able to finish under 18 hours, even after suffering through severe nausea and cramping intestinal issues for several hours in the middle. I am so proud of Neal for conquering this insane distance through the technical terrain of Pennsylvania. He is one in a million! A real live superhero!! Way to go babe! (And of course it was another training run for the Bear 100 which is coming soon September 28th!)
1 comment:
Even though that is AWESOME-I still think he is CRAZY!!! Dude-I am lucky to be able to run 3 miles!!
Post a Comment