Friday, August 3, 2012

My baby girl is ELEVEN!! Happy Birthday Millie!





Our sweet little Amelia Kristin Hinson turned 11 on June 28, 2012.  I can't believe I have an ELEVEN YEAR OLD!!

I threw her a little low-key birthday party here at home a few weeks before her birthday, on June 15th.  We decided on a PJ Party theme, with cupcakes, donuts, lemonade and other favorites, nail painting, pillow-case decorating, dance party and a movie.  I was pleasantly surprised at how easy Millie's group of 11 year old friends were to entertain.  They were all very polite, and very independent.  I showed them the craft, and they went to town and had a blast!

I am so proud of our Millie who has really grown up over the past year.  She worked so hard in Fifth Grade, which was not an easy year!  She was in a 4th-6th grade play Annie, Jr, which kept her busy for four months.  She has also kept up with her piano, as well as trumpet this year, and has recently started swimming.  Millie is a very thoughtful friend to others and can be quite the helpful and sweet big sister.  I am so thankful for her willingness to babysit for me and help me out around the house.  She is such a blessing in our family!!  










5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Millie! It looks like it was a great party! Happy Birthday to the cutest 11 year old I know :)
Hugs and lots of Love, Mema

Sam and Kat said...

That looks like SUCH a fun party! Even if it was considered low-key. Loove the colors! Can't believe she is already 11!! She is so grown up now! Miss all of you!

Sam and Kat said...

Oh yeah and I meant to say awesome job on those cupcakes! they are beautiful! much prettier than mine turned out. haha!

Kristin said...

My confession: I ordered the cupcakes through one of our YW in our ward. She is only 15 and already has her own cupcake business! She delivered them in an adorable box with a bow. They were perfect! I have zero cupcake abilities, except if it comes out of a box!

Katie said...

Eleven?? Wait Kristin, then why do you still look 18??

We love adorable, confident, bubbly, sweet Millie! Happy Birthday!