Sunday, June 21, 2009

There are VEGETABLES Growing in my Backyard!

Anyone who knows me, knows I would be the last person to plant vegetables in a garden, and actually intend on using them for something related to the kitchen, not to mention personal ingestion. However, I did find the idea of having a garden with food actually growing in it very exciting. The truth is, I didn't plant anything. Neal is the one who can take credit for all of it! There is a problem: I am not certain when "harvesting" time is on all of these plants (especially the corn), so if anyone has any pointers, advice will be welcome! As of now, we have string beans hanging from little trees, tiny little green tomatoes just beginning on 2 out of 4 tomato plants (with blooms on the other two, hopefully they will spring little green buds soon), yellow squash, vidalia onions, and CORN! Thankfully for my sake, we also have a large raspberry bush that has berries all the time, and a very small Clementine tree that has lots of little grape sized fruit resembling small limes all over it! Neal planted grape vines that are growing, but no blooms or fruit yet. Here are some pictures I promised Neal!! I love you babe!

Tomatoes

String Beans

Yellow Squash

Corn!!
Onions

Clementine Tree

Raspberry Bush

Grape Vines

1 comment:

The Schofields said...

Your garden looks fantastic! We didn't plant one this year thinking positive that our house would've sold by now. Now, I'm wishing I should've planted one anyway. You and your family are so adorable!