A few months ago, my friend Tiffani and I decided to run a 10K together. We had been running for a month or two together, and I decided I wanted a new challenge, since I have run plenty of 5Ks in the past. A few weeks before the race, I started feeling that I was regressing. My energy was down, I was struggling to get through just 3 miles. I was SO frustrated. And it didn't get better. Each day that got closer to the race, my runs seemed to get harder and harder. SOOOoooo, I started thinking...hmmmm...maybe there is something more going on. About 2 weeks before the race I took a little test that cleared up all confusion about my endurance issues, and made me extremely nervous about being able to finish this race! Thankfully, I had Tiffani (who is a much faster runner than me anyway) there at my side encouraging me and helping me as we continued to run. We decided to go ahead and do the 10K anyway. Of course race day happened to be one of the hotter days of the season, and I woke up feeling a bit sick and nervous. Tiffani was again right there by my side until the very last mile. I finished the race, and just at the pace I had set for myself. Thanks again Tiff. I would love to run another 10K, hopefully sometime next fall (2010)!!
So for those who only keep up with the Hinson's via BlogStalk, we are expecting Baby Hinson #4 around January 4th, which makes me just about 16 weeks!!
7 comments:
Well now I can finally say congrats to you in front of the world! Ha! I really am so happy for you guys. How did your ultrasound go? I am guessing well since you are announcing it. :) I hope things continue to go well for you and that you don't feel too terrible. Babies are so much fun! Miss ya.
Congrats! That is what I thought after reading your comment on Brittany's blog! I am so happy for you guys, and you are a stud for running a 10K while being preggo! Good for you! I can't wait to see another adorable Hinson baby! Congrats again!
I think you look HOT and SEXY after your run:) Check out your tan body-California Sun sure keeps you Tan!! Oh and about the run-yeah-I am guessing being pregnant could slow you down a bit-but way to continue on with your goals!! We can always count on you to finish anything you have your heart set out for!! Oh and Congrats on baby #4 I am hoping for a girl-Millie needs a sister:)
I love you Kristin, you totally make me want to be better. I swear, everytime I am around you I just think, "dang, she's amazing." AND YOU ARE!!! Your kiddos are so lucky to have you for their mom, and I cannot WAIT to meet baby #4!!! OH MY GOSH...FOUR!!! YAY!!
Better late than never! You did great and we'd have to figure out the timing and do another for sure! I loved running with you and kind of miss our social hour!
Congratulations!!! On both completing the run and the baby! I think all of my friends have run some type of race this year. I guess I better get on the band wagon! I can't wait to hear what you're having! Two of each would be great, but let Millie know that being an only girl isn't that bad...I've survived just fine!
My wife is SMOKEN HOT, no doubt about it. Kristin, you are truely a ROCKSTAR, can't wait to come home!
Neal
Post a Comment