My kids get their first real big birthday party with eight little friends, invitations and fun games and entertainment. (I hope anyone reading this doesn't get offended if their little girl wasn't invited. Millie was limited to 8, and she invited her primary class - including a few girls who just moved out of the ward, a friend from school, and Millie's neighbor friend).
We decided to do a "Late-Over" over this year. Since we have a "no sleep-over" rule over in our home, a "Late-Over" is the next best thing. The party was from 6 to 10pm. Millie requested homemade taquitos, fresh fruit and root beer for dinner. She also asked that the girls bring their pajamas, which they promptly changed into after dinner. Millie's favorite big-girl friends Kate and Caroline were there to help with the party, and I am so thankful! The evening included a little craft, nail-painting, karaoke, cupcakes, and ended with High School Musical. Millie had a super fun birthday party, and I think all the girls had a great time! Thanks everyone for making it a special birthday celebration for Millie!


Of course the only Karaoke picture I managed to get was Justin. He was in on the fun most of the night!
The Most important reason turning 8 is special is that Millie can now be baptized, which I mentioned in the previous post. We gave her a special white dress to wear on her baptism day (Aug 15th), and a CTR Locket to remind her to always Choose The Right. She is very anxious to be baptized!

We had a little family birthday party on Millie's actual birthday with the Stacy's.
This is a little project I have been working on. I made a matching one for myself too! Thanks Tiffani for your help on this! She loves it!

4 comments:
I can't believe she is 8!! She is so cute Kristin. What a neat experience it must be to have a child baptised. Can't wait to hear more about it when it actually happens.
Wow! She is growing up! Luke turns 8 in Nov., like a week before we move, so we are trying to decide where to baptise him. It looks like you managed a great party even if Neal wasn't there to help. Great job!
Oh what a special day for Millie! I too do not want to do "sleep overs." I like having the idea of letting the kids stay till 10pm and then have them go home. Millie sure is a cute girl! We are very excited to see you all this fall:)
How fun! The locket is precious and I can't wait to see Millie in her dress!
Post a Comment