Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday Waffles

For some reason, my brain was not wanting to come up with a good plan for dinner today. I thought about it this morning, noon, and again on the way home from church. I can't tell if its just me not in the mood to eat or not in the mood to cook. I mentioned waffles for dinner and Justin went wild! I decided to get creative and use an online recipe instead of the standard Krusteaz mix we have (which I don't care for). They turned out to be the best waffles ever! So I am sharing the recipe, which I never do. Here it is:

Classic Waffles
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar (I added an extra Tbsp of sugar, one commenter recommended it)
  • 2 eggs (I whisked the yolks separate first, another recommendation by a commenter)
  • 1 1/2 cups warm milk
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature.
  2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended.
  3. Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

Loren said...

I will have to try them. We love waffles!!!!! And who doesn't love breakfast for dinner :)!!!! Your kids are so cute!

The Schofields said...

We've done a few Sunday dinners like that too! We even add a little bit of 'gormet' to some. We let the kids choose to do sprinkles, berries, choc. chips, bananas, etc. in the batter just before we close the waffle maker. It's great!