Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Baby Girl Turned 8!!


On June 28th, Amelia (aka Millie) turned 8! I can't even believe she grew up so fast! Where did all the time go? I am way too lazy to dig up a baby picture of her and scan it in and whatever else people do for birthdays, so this will be it.

I am posting a slideshow of a story that Millie wrote one day. This really defines my creative little thinker and artist. She is so confident in her stories and pictures; she never hesitates or apologizes when she makes a mistake. She just scribbles it out and acts like it was supposed to be that way. I guess you could say brain to paper is just her style! And I love it!

Millie is a big helper right now with her brothers and her responsibilities around the house. She is finally realizing that reading can actually be fun. She has been reading the Rainbow Fairy books this summer (started with the colors, and now is onto pet fairies). I love my girl, and am so grateful for her sweet little girly/pink/fairy-ness around here, even with two adorable stinky bug-loving brothers (who I also love to pieces).

Millie has made the decision to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and as long as Daddy makes it home on time, the big day is scheduled for August 15th. We could not be prouder of our Millie and her desire to be happy, kind, respectful and to make right choices. We love her very much.

9 comments:

Loren said...

Happy Birthday Millie!!!

Shaun and Kelli said...

OH I LOVE IT! MILLIE THAT WAS SO CUTE! What an AWESOME Story!!! Way to go.

Sam and Kat said...

happy birthday millie!!! she looks so cute with that short hair! and i LOOOVE the story!! so fun to read! great job millie!

..Kris Naven.. said...

Happy Birthday Millie!!!

Sarah said...

WOW-She is Eight! I remember Millie when she was 2 and 3. How the time has flown by! I loved her story-she sure can draw. I thought she put good details in her pictures. She will be an artist one day:)

Tiffani said...

Happy Birthday Millie! The story was so creative and shows her love for art!

mema said...

Happy Birthday My sweet Millie!!
I am so proud of you for this amazing story and art work to go with it. I loved it! see you in August!! love, Mema

April said...

How did her party go? She is so cute!

Rodna and Fred said...

What a creative story! Love the pictures, and can remember her always drawing. Happy Birthday to our Millie girl.