Monday, August 24, 2009

IT's A BoY!!

We found out last Thursday that a sweet little baby boy will be joining our family!! We are so excited! If I had it all together, I would have scanned in my ultrasound with the cute little arrow pointing to the poor little guy's family jewels. However, the angle of the picture is a little hard to read anyway, and I figured my friends and family who keep track of me through my blog would probably like to know sooner rather than later :) Breaking the news to Millie was tough, she wanted a baby sister really bad! It probably wouldn't have mattered how I said it, she took it hard. She cried and cried for a while and said some pretty dramatic things. Being the big sister is hard anyway, and for some reason, she is convinced that a baby sister would be way less trouble than a baby brother. She seems to be coming to terms with the inevitable, and I am sure she will be a super helpful and loving big sister to this little one! Justin is thrilled!! Simon couldn't care less!!

8 comments:

Tiffani said...

Millie will come around, I have four brother and one sister...girls are still trouble! We're excited for you!

Kari said...

I'm excited for another cute baby Hinson boy! You guys sure do make cute ones! Millie will come around...eventually. :) I like your new blog look and your new family picture on the top!

Allison said...

I laughed out loud about Simon. So funny! We love little boys!!! I couldn't be happier for you and your sweet family. Another heartbreaker on the way.

Adam and Sariah said...

Isn't it funny how kids think that they know what is best? Luke was convinced that the twins were a boy and girl, luckily for him it worked out. They still think more babies are coming though, and who knows about that. So we could have our own set of tears coming our way. I was happy to hear about the boy and even better that the ultrasound went well and that he is healthy. Good luck with the pregnancy, and keep us updated! Miss you guys.

Sarah said...

Congrats-Another Boy!! I guess it is time to start thinking boy names!! Poor Millie-all she wants is a sister!! At least she has some girl cousins close by-and a mom:) And I too love the new family picture on the front of the blog. Very Cute!

..Kris Naven.. said...

Congrats! Boys are wonderful! I am so happy for you guys! Millie will come around, and it is cool being the big sister! :)

Sheila said...

I'm so excited for you to have another boy!! WE LOVE BOYS!! I'm pretty sure we'll be joining the boy club for the third time in a couple of weeks. I'm excited for Millie to be the only girl. Someday when she's older she'll feel the same way!! Only girls are super special!! (wink wink)

Lou Ellen said...

Congratulations on the new baby. Boy, all of Neal's family has been a roll, haven't they, with the boys? I loved your description of Millie's reaction, 'she cried and cried and said some very dramatic things'. Paints a picture, the words say it all.