Sunday, August 16, 2009

Our Angel

Millie got baptized yesterday! I am so proud of her and the sweet girl she has become. I think she looks like an angel in these pictures we took of her a few weeks ago at the Sacramento Temple, even if she is only really an angel most of the time. A big thank you to Steve and Kate Hargadon who took the pictures. I might be a tad biased, but I LOVE them all!

I would be lying if I said Millie's baptism day was perfect. The truth is, Millie was very nearly perfect that day before and of course visibly clean and pure and perfect after. Happy and sweet, excited and nervous and anxious. She was beautiful. The meeting itself was wonderful, small, short and sweet. Millie and her friend Abigail were baptized during the same meeting. Both Millie and Abigail mostly had family in attendance. My Simon was predictably terrible. And my sister Kathryn and my mom were very helpful with that situation so I was able to "enjoy the moment". My sister Kari gave the "Baptism" talk, which was wonderful. Kari is a big part of Millie's life and is special to her, so I think Millie was more attentive to Kari's words than she may have otherwise been. Thank you Kari! I am so thankful for my sweet little girl who was so excited to be baptized. And for the opportunity to be a part of it and also to just be her mom. (The pictures at the end are from Millie's baptism day: August 15th, 2009).









(Yes, this was seriously the best family shot. The lighting was almost as bad as Simon's screaming in Daddy's ear. At least the moment was captured right?)

8 comments:

Tiffani said...

I love the one where she is tiptoeing through the flowers and the last one. Steve and Kate really captured her personality. Congratulations Millie!

Loren said...

Oh Kristin, I have goosebumps all over when I look at these pictures. I love baptism pictures at the temple grounds. Millie is radiating and looks just beautiful. Kate and Steve did an amazing job!!

Rodna and Fred said...

Congratulations Millie. We are so proud of your decision to be baptized. You truly are a beautiful angel!!!! Love you lots.

The Addams Family said...

She's gorgeous, Kristin--just like you! Congrats to Millie!

..Kris Naven.. said...

These pictures are amazing! I got goosebumps too! She looks so beautiful all dressed in white! She truly does look like an angel! Congrats Millie!

Sheila said...

What a cute idea to take pictures in her baptism dress at the TEMPLE!!! I LOVE IT!!! And she totally IS an angel!! I love you Millie and am so proud of you for making such a wonderful decision to be baptized!!

Sarah said...

I really love her dress. It is very beautiful!! Cute pictures! What a beautiful little girl!!!

the browns said...

She looks just like her momma. Lucky gal! Congrats to Millie!