Monday, January 16, 2012

Kelli's 30th Birthday Girls Weekend Getaway

First weekend in December, I hopped on a plane and headed to Houston for a much needed mommy break.  Thanks to Kelli for turning 30, we had a really great reason to have a sisters reunion!  I think I really took for granted the sister time I used to enjoy almost daily when I lived in California, because I was really missing my sisters!  After a crazy emergency landing in Arkansas because some guy on my airplane wacked his head and knocked himself out coming out of the bathroom, I finally rolled into Hobby Airport at 12:30am.  As I came down the escalator, I saw three of my sisters (Kari, Kelli and Kathryn) there to greet me, ready to party!  The silliness began on the car-ride back to Kelli's.  It was the just the beginning of a weekend of nonstop laughing, giggling, shopping, diet coke, eating, hottubbing, magnum bars, and just girl fun with no stress!  We picked up Valerie at the busstop (yes, 8 months pregnant and she took a greyhound to Houston at 5am from SA...now that is LOVE!) at 10am Friday morning.  And then met Meghan at the Katy Mills Mall right after.  We shopped, ate lunch, hit Harwin for some ghetto bling shopping and then made it to Cheesecake Factory at the Galleria for dinner.  We shopped the Galleria until we practically dropped and then went to our hotel which was almost a walk from the Galleria.  The next day was more shopping and then we made it back to Kelli's in time for Alexa's first clogging performance.  Pappasitos for dinner that night, of course!  And then the icing on the cake was the surprise visit from Tyson, who brought his little ones from SA to come pick up his pregnant wife.  It was so fun to get to spend some time with Tyson, and just hang out with no stress!  We really missed Eric and Sarah!  We went to Kelli's ward on Sunday and then all enjoyed a yummy potato soup dinner and Birthday cake.  It was so fun to hang out with everyone, as well as the kids (Alexa, Michael, Nikolai, Kyndra, Natalia, and Ivy).  Dad came up for dinner too, and Mom was there all weekend to watch Kelli's kids and Kathryn's Ivy.  I can't even think of anything that could have made it more perfect!  It really was the most fun I have had with  my siblings, and we made so many memories!  And there will definitely be a next time!  Thanks Neal for holding down the fort at home!  I know the kids love their alone time with Daddy. He always seems to make everything extra special and fun.  I have such a great husband who looks forward to hanging with his four kids without mom!!
























No comments: