Monday, January 2, 2012

Running Again and Loving it!

Neal and I have gotten back into the full swing of running again!  And its awesome!

I ran my first Half-Marathon, the Richmond Half on November 12th.  Had an amazing fun race, and exceeded my expectations for myself by 10 minutes, coming in right at 1:50.  My family was there to cheer me on at the finish line, thanks to Neal and my mom who woke up super early to get my little circus of cheerleaders on the road to Richmond at the crack of dawn.  Knowing they would be there at the end was super cool and very motivating!  The race was great and it inspired me to set higher goals for myself.  I have finally decided to run a marathon, which will be the National Marathon in Washington DC on March 17th 2012.
Neal ran the Stonemill 50 the following weekend, November 19th.  I got a babysitter and went to see the last few hours of his race.  The race director pulled a nasty trick on the participants by adding 5 miles to the end, so it came a little later than expected.  But Neal still had smile on his face when he hiked up the ridiculous hill to the finish line.  So far, it was the most amazing race of his life and all in preparation for the Bear 100, which he has recently registered for.  That wild adventure will happen in September of 2012.  You can read more about Neal's Stonemill 50 here.  I am super proud of my ultra amazing, ultra tough, ultra crazy husband who will one day conquer the world with this ultra superhero skills!!





1 comment:

Kari said...

You both are ROCK STARS!! Seriously I am so impressed :) You guys are amazing! Wish I had it in me too...And I wish you were still here to run with me and get me motivated :(