Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sibling Rivalry : A Love-Hate Relationship

We often refer to Simon as #3.  Our social scientist, the Master of finding the right buttons to push.  He is such a ball of energy and fun.  Our family just would not be the same without his little spunky outgoing personality!  He especially LOVES to bug everyone in the house, especially his big sister Millie.  And she falls right into his little trap everytime, giving him the squeals and crazy preteen reaction that he hopes for everytime.  So their relationship is wild and a work in progress.  Hopefully it will simmer down eventually, and we can teach Simon to find more positive ways of eliciting attention from Millie.  Of course we are also hoping Millie learns quickly that her reactions are fueling the fire, and as soon as she learns to ignore the bad and praise the good, their relationship will improve (a skill that is super tough, and even Mom and Dad are amateurs in this area).  For now, we will try to laugh at the silliness of the MillieSimon phenomenon.  I took these pictures at Great Falls a few weeks ago.





3 comments:

Sam and Kat said...

I just love him!! This post seriously cracks me up. Such cute pictures! I never realized it before but I think Millie and Simon look pretty similar. Especially in the one where they are both smiling. Miss them! Miss you!

Kari said...

Gotta LOVE that kid! He definitely keeps everyone on their toes! AND I miss it :) Cute post. Miss those kids :( Love the pics!

Monyca said...

Kristen and Neal,
These are precious pictures! Your family is beautiful (tongues and all). The pictures at Great Falls bring back alot of memories. Enjoy your turn in D.C.! So much to do and see, so many people we miss there. Hopefully your kids will remember it. My kids were born there and don't remember any of it:( Hope all is well.
Monyca